Change is an Option: How to stay in the Solution
ASHA CEUs: This course is offered for 0.1 ASHA CEUs, Intermediate level.
AOTA CEU’s: This course is offered for 0.1 AOTA CEU’s (Intermediate Level, OT Professional Issues)
NASP CPD’s: This course is offered for 1 hour of NASP approved CPD’s
How to Unpack Implicit Bias. Participants will learn how biases can appear in everyday situations and in the classroom. The purpose and focus of this webinar is to identify short term and long term building blocks to create equity in the world we live in, put our student's needs at the forefront, and learn that change is an option.
As a result of this seminar, participants will be able to:
- Identify 3 biases are not complicated and occur in everyday situations
- Define educational bias and how it impacts your students
- Recognize long term and short term goals to decrease your bias
- 5 min Introduction and housekeeping
- 5 min Explicit and Implicit Bias
- 10 min Comfort in Social Situations
- 10 min Educational Bias
- 25 min Change is an option
- 5 min Question and Answer